November 17, 2007

Memoirs of a Geisha


Rating:★★★★
Category:Books
Genre: History
Author:Arthur Golden
I've been very intrigued with the kind of life Japanese Geisha leads since my childhood. Whenever I see posters of Japan (probably promoting their Tourism), images of geishas greet my eyes. I wonder if all Japanese women wear those mask-like make ups and colorful kimonos. I learned everything about geishas from this book, and the misconception about their being prostitutes are very well explained in this book. I recommend this one.

5 comments:

Nessreen Tamano said...

I'm dying to get my hands on this book!

nadje pundug said...

hmmm...luckly, i got a copy on it but unfortunately my stupid roommate took it!!!
hey ate ness she's my SAME nga pla(same kasi SAME kami )..hehe...friend din ni ate dianne

Nessreen Tamano said...

Small world!! =)

ahmad domado said...

i'll prefer reading this than watching the flick. hehe. thanks for recommending.

Ai R said...

indeed, books are better than the big screen. heheh. =)