April 28, 2008

Life of Pi

Rating:★★★
Category:Books
Genre: Travel
Author:Yann Martel
This tells the story of a 16-year old boy who got stuck in the middle of Pacific Ocean with a an orangutan, hyena and Bengal tiger. Obviously with the tiger aboard, it is a major threat to their lives. I was terrified most of the time wondering which would be worse, to be eaten by a tiger or a shark? Okay, you’re not gonna make me tell you the entire story, don’t you? Piscine Morten Patel (yeah, that’s his name, shortcut Pi) had a great adventure in the middle of the ocean. Being a devoted Christian, Muslim and Hindu (yes, he practices three religions. Can you believe that? Well, I do. It’s written there.), well, he has many gods to call upon. Hehe, so that’s why he survived 227 days, I guess. Wanna know about it? Read the book. I really enjoyed reading every sentence of every turn of every page. By the way, in case you experience the same, the book’s got lotta tips for you to survive the thirst, the hunger, the threat (I mean sharks), the thunders, the heat and of course, missing your loved ones.

No comments: