June 13, 2009

The Mosquito Conversation

I can’t contain my hatred for these little creatures flying around my boarding house. They are rampant especially now that rainy days are saying hello, in addition to the plants surrounding the house where they are most likely to breed.  They are so small they seem to be invisible; their buzzing annoys me I can’t concentrate with whatever I am busy with. Invisible buzzers. When they get to land on your skin, expect an itchy, circular bump. So deeply itchy you would just wish to puncture your skin or slice out that portion of your skin. Grrrr! These mosquitoes! The gratification I feel the moment I catch them with my two hands and crush their bodies into an almost indistinguishable form!!
This afternoon, while Gans (my roommate) and I are reading, she felt a mosquito bit her. She adjusted the electric fan towards us for the killer mosquitoes to get blown away.
Gans: kataya pman a mga r’ngit aya. (here comes the mosquitoes..)
ME: owayba (yeah..) *while reading, I was crossing my legs up on the chair to avoid being bitten*
Gans: di siran r’kta dn khasmo. (they don’t get enough of us)
ME: *laughs* siempre, diba one week bo a lifespan iran? Na omani m’bot r’kta na salakaw a r’ngit. (of course, don’t they have a one week lifespan? So every mosquito that bites us is another individual.)
Gans: oba bo adn a vaccine sa r’ngit. (how I wish there’s a vaccine against mosquitoes)
ME: owayba, na oman ta niyan mabot na skanian I puphatay. (yeah, and it dies the moment it bits us) *laughs*
Gans: mabot ta niyan na punggowa daan na gubo phatay. (it will vomit first before it dies) *she actually demonstrated how the poor mosquito will vomit the blood that it sucked from us*
We laughed in chorus.

No comments: