March 23, 2010

Norwegian Wood


Rating:★★★★★
Category:Books
Genre: Romance
Author:Haruki Murakami
Excerpt:
I telephoned Midori. "I have to talk to you," I said. "I have a million things to talk to you about. A million things we have to talk about. All I want in this world is you. I want to see you and talk. I want the two of us to begin everything from the beginning."
Midori responded with a long, long silence----the silence of all the misty rain in the world falling on all the new-mown lawns of the world. Forehead pressed against the glass, I shut my eyes and waited. At last, Midori's quiet voice broke the silence: "Where are you now?"
Where was I now?
Gripping the receiver, I raised my head and turned to see what lay beyond the telephone booth. Where was I now? I had no idea. .... Again and again, I called out for Midori from the dead center of this place that was no place.

***********

This is definitely an addition to my bests-list. This has opened my mind to the nature of equally loving two different persons of opposite characters, on how need can be misconstrued as love and how a beautiful friendship is transformed into love. I'm so overwhelmed by the story and the characters. Ito ang totoong "It's Complicated". :)

5 comments:

rocaya lucman said...

I've been wanting to read one of Haruki Murakami's books. May I borrow this when I go home on April? :)

Ai R said...

Sure Rox! :) Just give me a beep and I'd be glad to lend it to you. Nasa Iligan lang ako that time.

rocaya lucman said...

Yahoo! Thanks Ai! We'll be seeing each other. I'll be doing my summer elective with Daddy Dearest :D

aya ranoco said...

oooh! wanna add this in my must-reads. thanks doc for the ad, hehe.

Ai R said...

@Rox: Bongga ka talaga! :) Sige, see you soon!

@Aya: You're welcome!