August 31, 2010

An Ode to My Alma Mater

                                        

A university smacked on top of a mountain in a land forgotten by many yet enveloped by controversies. That is Mindanao State University (MSU), which binds people of the south regardless of race and religion, coming together in search for knowledge. This was established with the aim of becoming a center of excellence not only in teacher education, science and technology but also in tourism, arts, sports and social sciences as well. This was the answer to the clamor of the Mindanaoans who cannot afford to send their children to universities in the capital regions. The Philippine government, with the help of Muslim political leaders and educators, granted them this university which offers quality education at par with those in Manila area. For the past 49 years, MSU has produced excellent students, board topnotchers, and community leaders who made a name in their respective fields. Proud MSUans have spread all over the globe bearing the name of their alma mater. 

I am a proud product of this university, the university where I grew up, where I found friends, which sheltered my family, which provided me knowledge that will equip me in my chosen profession. It's an honest thing to say that MSU had made me who I am today and what I will be in the future. I went here from kindergarten until med school and looking back, I can proudly say that I was never behind education-wise with other universities. Therefore it is but proper to give back to the institution who made me the person I am. Hopefully, when I become a licensed physician, I will render my service through teaching either in MSU-College of Medicine or MSU-College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics. I would be very happy to educate future physicians and inspire them to do the best that they can. I believe that teaching doesn't only end to the first hand students, but the knowledge that one shares transverse to the generations that follow.

Tomorrow is the 49th Foundation Day of my alma mater and it is a tradition of our college, the College of Medicine, to travel up in Marawi to join the celebration. After the parade, we will go back here in Iligan for a motorcade honoring the recent August 2010 Physician Licensure Exam board passers. More power MSU!! Continue spreading the value of education among the youth, Allah bless your existence!!

2 comments:

BabyPink said...

Weee! Mabuhay ang MSU! Mabuhay ang MSUans! :)

Alhamdulillah, I can now include your blog in my links! Welcome to OUR world! :)

Aziza said...

Alhamdulillah for another milestone of our beloved MSU!!

Haha!! Oo nga, finally! Thanks!! I'm so excited dito sa blogspot ko, just like the old days andami kong gustong isulat. :D