November 16, 2010

The Stars Are Out Tonight


I have a fascination for the celestial bodies particularly the stars. When I look up in the night sky and see the glittering dots against the velvety black background, its stillness brings a feeling of serenity and calmness. It makes me realize how small I am compared to the wide universe. It makes me wonder what it is beyond all the celestial beings that my eyes are capable of reaching. What is it like being out there in the universe? What do those ball of fires contain? Are they really fire? Is it possible that there are human beings exactly like us existing on the opposite side of where our galaxy now is situated? Ah, the vastness of the universe allows me to think vastly too. Hence, the love for star gazing. I used to spread a mat or bed sheet on our roof top and just stare at the sky, pointing to the brightest star and declaring it as my star. I own it, I tell my siblings. I make wishes too and as I grew up, just like any ordinary teenager who get absorbed by reading books and watching romance flicks, I wished to be kissed under a night sky full of stars (erm, aside from my wish of being kissed under the Eiffel tower). I know its becoming a reality is next to impossibility, but who knows, right? Just like this good friend of mine who I star-gazed with last year. We were physically separate but we watched a meteor shower together that happened on November 18 of last year. Few days later, he gave me this:



I intentionally covered my name for confidential purposes of this blog (yeah right, LOL!) and left only the initial of his name for his own privacy. Although its authenticity is questionable, only for the purpose of fun, this  really touched my soul. It was somehow a wish come true. Someone named a star for me, oh boy, I was beaming! All I said was a demure "thank you", little did he know how much it meant to me. This entry is for him to know, if ever he accidentally find his way in this little niche of mine, how much I appreciated his little gesture. I wish him all the best in this lifetime. For the love of stars, Amen. :)



2 comments:

bee said...

awww... so sweet. reminds me of A walk to remember and the meteor garden... would really be so cool to watch a meteor shower with a love one.... haaayyy...

BabyPink said...

Oi! Kilala ko ito! Hehehe:)

Eid mubarak, my precious! :)