January 20, 2011

The Non-Clerks.

It has been a week since we baptized ourselves as "non-clerks" after starting to rotate in the Ancillary Services. Technically, we are still, of course, clerks except that we don't have to suffer the 24-hour++ duty, writing lengthy history, physical exam and progress notes of patients, doing ward works and that helluva pressure of being a clinical clerk 24/7. Ah, we're past that already and hey, look at us, Group 4 have emerged unscathed!! Wohoo!!

The sad thing though is, we go on duty in pairs which means that for the next two months, I wouldn't be able to see (unless scheduled) the rest of my groupmates (I miss you already, buddy Juey and adorable nightmare Tisoy!). So my partner is the Korean Bug (as she's been fondly called by Dr. Marquez), Sheng aka Shengita/Shenggay/Toy/Pet.

In this rotation, we will report into 8 minor departments: Anesthesiology/Dermatology, Pathology/Rehab Med, Health Centers/Psychiatry, and Ophthalmology/Radiology during clinic hours. That implies how much free time we got on our last two months of clerkship! So below are some photos of Sheng and I in the O.R. as Anesth clerks and our killing-time moments at some nearby coffee shops. 


Since I am blessed with so much spare time, I jot down the productive things I plan to do (ahem, good luck to me! )*shunning away procrastination* :

a. Finishing my backlogs, i.e., discharge summaries, IM census, etcetera. 
b. Reading both medical and non-medical books. As you know, reading time is meager while on duty. And I seriously need to catch up on my internal medicine readings since it is the rotation in which I read/learn the least. I almost read none!!
c. Write more. I have abandoned my journal for quite some time.
d. Watch more movies. Yeah, I'm catching up. I've seen Good Will Hunting (a 1997 film that made me understand why a lot of girls drool over Matt Damon and why a lot of guys wanna be just like him!), Black Swan (a psychological horror film that made Natalie Portman Best Actress in the recent Golden Globe Awards), The Social Network (Mark Zuckerberg, I appreciate your genius but I wish you didn't entertain your idea of creating Facebook!),  Tangled (a feel-good movie that will surely blow your blues away!) and Love and Other Drugs (Anne Hathaway!!). :) And counting!!!
e. Go home frequently. Since we don't have weekend duties, I want to spend more time with my family. Nothing beats the feeling of being at home.
f. Laag/Lakwatsa/Travel! Our group is still deciding where to go. Possibly at Dahilayan in Bukidnon. C'mon Shengita, draft our lakwatsa schedule now! Weeee!!

The point of this entry is to make the rest of our classmates who are "still clerks" jealous!! Haha!

No comments: