April 1, 2011

Another Extraordinary Moment On An Ordinary Rainy Day

The title alone speaks what you will be reading but I tell you this: THIS IS NO APRIL FOOL'S PRANK!! Okay? 

I woke up this morning feeling a little woozy and sluggish and as I was just about to go out to say hello to the ceiling-high charts at the hospital medical records, the rain suddenly poured. Talk about perfect timing, eh? Nevertheless, I find it a reason to wear the chucks Shengot had voluntarily given me. Emphasis on the voluntary. At the hospital quarters, I waited for Cor-Cor who had agreed to accompany me to Dr. A's clinic somewhere along Sabayle street to talk to him about some important life-and-death matters. It was so muddy and drizzly outside that if it weren't for the severity of the situation I need to talk to with Dr. A, I wouldn't go all the way to his clinic. But I did, because that defines my life principles (char lang gud!). I was crossing my fingers that everything will turn out okay. Cor and I were sitting silently on the jeepney, staring straight at the people, observing things at ourselves, and occasionally talked about some things that concerned us both. When we were about to reach the corner turning to Sabayle street, I noticed a lot of people and a motorcade was being organized. It instantly hit me that the old Penshoppe boutique in that same site was re-opened under the name Fashion Hub catering to many more local brands. I noticed too many cameras were clicking at someone hidden behind many giggling and screaming women, teenagers and adults alike. The crowd allowed our jeepney to pass by very slowly and that was the time we got a closer look at the person who got everybody's attention. Almost inherently I screamed: "OH MY GOD COR, SI AKIHIRO SATO!!" He was like 2 meters away from us and it was almost a reflex for me to get my phone and capture a photo of him, unfortunately, the jeep moved forward so I captured the security guard behind him! Haha. I took another one but his face was covered by a woman insisting to kiss him on the cheek. I bet that woman wanted it on the lips but she failed, just the way I failed to take a photo of Akihiro, my love!! Waaah! I couldn't get over seeing him on a very ordinary day. :) Some things really are just like that, pleasant surprises on a gloomy day. 

If you guys have no idea who I am talking about, just like the old woman sitting beside me on the jeep who asked why we were fussing about this person. She asked: "Kinsa diay na dai, artista?" Me: "Dili, model.". I bet, she couldn't figure out why everybody was all over him. Eto lang naman si Akihiro Sato:






I thought my moment with Akihiro-san ended there, but no. While we were standing outside Dr. A's clinic, the Fashion Hub motorcade was coming toward us. I thought this is my chance to get a photo of Akihiro-san, but too bad this is the best I can get:



That's him wearing blue jacket waving at the people. Grrr. I'm so mad at myself for not getting a closer photo of him. Oh well, this could just mean one thing: Akihiro-san, 'til we meet again! :)


2 comments:

bee said...

He had a meet with session at SM nung sunday ata un... with Gwen *diko kilala*

Dee said...

Wow! I didn't know about that! Haha. Di man lang siya nagpasabi. Haha!