May 31, 2011

Poor Brain, Rich Eyes

First of all, I know that this blog was created to air my insights and all that weird things boiling down inside my thoughts. However, due to the swift constant revolution of my everyday life, there has been some scarcity of musings nowadays. Or probably I get used to the wretchedness of this world---the hospital, that is---that I lost connection to my inner humanity. While it's good to escape and find diversion, I'm afraid to get stuck into  the "other world" that I might get lost on my way back. Still, I escape because I need that diversion. Now, instead of sharing a piece of my brain, I'm gonna share pieces of what my eyes see in my everyday life. I don't have a great camera, I only have my mobile phone with me hence the poor quality of my photos. :( 

Last weekends, I was fortunate to be duty-free on Saturday and Sunday morning, so I went home to Merville at my cousins' home. I haven't been there since the start of internship. I was so glad to be back and play with my nieces. Here is Sabreen, my cousin Ate Pie's eldest. Such a cute darling!

In this photo, she's pretending to read. I love it when she mumbles un-understandable words while pointing to every single paragraph. Haha!

Sab. She's only two.

 Before I went back to my dorm. I accompanied Ate Hannah to SM Makati where I had a chance to feast my eyes on the pretty dresses and blouses of Forever 21! Aaaaah! How I drooled! But I was broke I went out empty-handed. :(


 I loiter nowadays at our condo lounge at 10th floor where there is swimming pool and free Wi-Fi. I never tried the pool kasi stagnant ang water! Haha. One fine afternoon, I had this view from where I was sitting and tweeting. :) Love the sunset sky! I imagined myself to be sipping coffee with a loved one sitting beside me...but nerrrhhh, it didn't happen. Most probably it won't happen. Aaaaahh!!! Nooooo!!


 My housemates: Emily and Sal. We're gonna have a new housemate since Pie moved out. Yay for that! :D


Meet the Block U. "We Revive, U Survive!". That is our temporary slogan until we come up with a smarter one. LOL. Taken at Pedia-ER on our last day. Photo courtesy of Renzo G., our Track B co-intern. 
First row L-R: Crystal, DS, Dane and Rex
Second row L-R: Tina, moi, Suzie
Back: Alaric
 Our Pedia-ER team. I'm gonna miss them, they're the best so far! They're so sweet and all. I admire Ma'am Glo, our senior resident, for being so composed and calm no matter how toxic we are! (except for that time her voice rose because of a cruel patient's watcher).
L-R: Suzie, moi, Ma'am X-Tina (thanks for allowing me to write my own order!), Ma'am Glo (the great!), Ma'am Inah (thanks for that recommendation for 24-hour merit!) and Tina. :)
 Block U's first lunchdate. So, these are the people I'm gonna be with for the rest of internship. :)


Done with my first month in Pedia. Next round of Pedia-OPD and Ward will be April next year.

Next stop: Family and Community Medicine. I am so ignorant about Evidence-Based Medicine. We just don't have that back in MSU. Aaaah, why oh why!!! It will take time for me learning that while my blockmates are so knowledgeable about it. 

4 comments:

nessreen said...

Cousin mo pala si Pie!! :) Magkasama kami sa uni before. Tsaka yung mga mommy tsaka tita niya friends ng mom ko! Small world!

Tamz said...

Forever 21. Too bad I have to go to another city just to shop there. But, for branded clothing line, their price are reasonable (not to mention they have lots of nice clothes)

Aya said...

doctorang doctora ka na doc! btw, 'wag n'yo na palitan ang slogan n'yo. ang galing nga eh, hehe!

and sabreen/sab, i like her name! what does that mean? and meron kayong semblance hah. bloodlines talaga.

Aziza said...

@Diana: Yup, 1st degree cousin ko po. Small world indeed! Wehee! :D

@Tamz: Where in the States pala may F21? Super reasonable price talaga and there are seas of clothes, bags and shoes! Grabe! Hahaha!

@Aya: Thanks Aya! Corny nga raw eh yung slogan eh.

Apparently, "Sabreen" is an Arabic word for patience. It's a beautiful name. :)