July 11, 2011

Oh that O! O_O

Old houses

I don't know if it's a municipal ordinance to preserve their century-old homes or perhaps renovation is prohibited but houses at Poblacion, San Juan, Batangas are really old and vintage!! Remember my entry about Cafeno? Last week, we were introduced to Orange Grill restaurant. I thought it was just an ordinary old house like its neighbors until I saw the tarp plastered at the fronthouse. I presumed this used to be a home to a prominent family and they decided to turn it into a restaurant which is a smart idea because people from the metro will definitely visit this place for that unfamiliarly cool ambiance. 


 Look at those enormous windows! It certainly felt like time traveling to the 19th century where you were gulped by a strong wind and ended up standing at Kapitan Tiyago's mansion where Maria Clara was sitting covering half of her face with a fan.

Gastronomic satisfaction guaranteed!!

 If you live in this house, you will definitely suffocate in too much ventilation! You will have excessive amount of sunshine, wind, rain, and unsolicited visitors!


Ultimately, they got great foods!! We ordered for Orange Chicken and Chicken Teriyaki which are both approved by our tastebuds. What we loved most was their Orange Lemon Iced Tea which comes at a super cheap price of P30!! Imagine?!? 

Chicken Teriyaki with fried camote on the side. 

Off-key

I know, I know. I am not supposed to post this because we are not supposed to meet at the community unless it's a Tuesday or a Saturday due to the NO-BARANGAY-HOPPING rule,  but hey, we are adults!! (alright, are we?) Anyways, last Friday night, our block decided to sleep over at Alaric's place (he's from San Juan, Batangas by the way) for practical reasons since theirs is near the staff house where we conduct our weekly Mortality and Morbidity report before going back to Manila. Now, guess what? They have a videoke machine at home!! Us, girls, sang our heart out, non-stop, from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm!! We didn't notice the time as we continued to enter songs! 

Biritan na 'to!!

I have many discoveries among my blockmates that night such as:
a.) Crystal, our elitistang blockmate can turn into the most jologs person ever!! Well I guess, every person has that secret side.
b.) Suzie can actually rock Linkin Park's Papercut and rap In The End!! Memorize niya ang lyrics!!
c.) Tina is not just your average doctor-to-be, she has the capability to join in a singing contest!
d.) Alaric keeps on singing "Dahil Ikaw" by True Faith and up until now he cannot perfect the song...nice try by the way.
e.) Irving!! *Bakit Ngayon Ka Lang starts playing in my head now!* Woot, Julius Babao!
f.) Despite singing off-key almost the whole time, I picked Adele's Chasing Pavments to be included in my videoke song box!! LOL. Yun lang ata yung nakanta ko ng medyo tama!

Any of my blockmates will kill me if they get to read this!!

OMJ--as in Oh My Journal!!!


Suzie and I worked last night at Figaro to finish and "rehearse" our journal reporting that took place today.


Here, Dane is reporting on their cluster's journal. Reporting was done in front of 4 consultants, 2 residents and members of the 3 blocks currently rotating in the community: Block U (that's us!), Block T and the newcomers, Block S. Unintentionally, my crush is in the photo!! Yiiiheee! Kaya pumapalakpak puso ko while reporting. Hihihihi. 


Ombrella!!

Can I spell umbrella that way, just now, please? For the sake of this entry. Hehe. It's raining so hard. Another low pressure area, I guess. 



Ombrella display at the UP College of Medicine. 

***
We got only two more weeks of packing and unpacking!!

1 comment:

aya said...

full-packed entry, just the way i liket. :D
i love the old houses too! wish i could go to batangas one of these days.
btw doc, sa'n ba dyan si crush? pwedeng paki-point out naman? bwahaha!