September 26, 2011

Again, I was tagged to the 32nd Manila International Book Fair last week. This was held at SMX Convention Center at Pasay City. Being surrounded by thousands of books from various genres was the perfect time to end my OB-GYN rotation!!



I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!


Several publishers from large to minor scales were present to auction their books, some even brought authors with them for book signing. Mostly came from the Christian religious books though so I wasn't familiar with those authors who were there. The only one I recognized was...TADO JIMENEZ! The local slapstick comedian on TV!


I know he is an artist and an entrepreneur but him, publishing his own book, is far from the image that he portrays! Ok, so I bought his book out of sheer curiosity. At the back of my mind, I was expecting some Bob Ong kind of hidden wisdom but he fails me! First few pages pa lang, olats na ang libro ni Tado! I'm sorry but I didn't even continue reading through the first half of it! I suggest authors must have that get-your-money-back guarantee on the first release of their publications for I demand a refund of my P100! 


The SMX crowd on that Saturday afternoon. Every convention hall was packed with people. At the 2nd level, there was an Anime Convention and some K-Pop Convention as well. We didn't enter because Rox and I know few of the characters (aside from the fact that the entrance fee is costly), but Jeh insisted that we must take a peek. 


At the Ateneo Press booth, this old couple scanned through books by local authors while they were discussing about it. It made me go aawww...I see myself in the future with the person whom I can discuss and debate about books and authors. :D


Jeh was wearing a pretty and colorful outfit that day that didn't seem to fit our destination----MOA. And we were quite teasing her about it. Haha. 

Thank you for the company, girls! Wonder where our next date would be. :D


P.S.

This is my 111th post on the 1st year of this tiny nook of mine! :)

I feel some sort of nostalgia for my abandoned baby, my toastedpeanuts.  Mama will come home soon babe, or not. :p

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

gotcha gurl!

Aziza said...

yebah! i know you! :D

Tim said...

Kainggit naman!

Aziza said...

Hi Tim! Ngayon ko lang nabasa 'tong comment mo. Anyway, sobrang sayang kasi this happened like two days after you left for Marawi. Well, marami pa namang book fairs! :D