September 17, 2011

On the last week of OB-GYN internship, senior interns (us!) are supposed to bury their noses on their malignancy and trophoblastic books as they are the ones assigned to have these cases. I was supposed to do the same to avoid being grilled and ultimately humiliated during malig and/or tropho rounds, but I didn't. Last Sunday, a day before malig rounds, I prefer to be tagged by Rox and Jehan at Legazpi Village Sunday Market where there's saliva-inducing food bazaars! I had an awesome, awesome, awesome afternoon! 


We decided to have a taste of baklava (with pistachio, hazelnut and walnut), takoyaki, and go Indonesian for our major meal! We had nase goreng (Indonesian fried rice), terong belado (egg and eggplant with sambal sauce), ayam goreng (fried chicken, Indo style). 



Postprandial plate. Nothing left. :P

Interns on escapade: Rox, moi, and Jehan.


And because Jehan had been pining for cupcakes for several weeks, we accompanied her to Sonja at The Fort to satisfy her to-die-for cupcake cravings. 


I actually have no sweet tooth over cupcakes and cakes, but these ones are not bad. Jeh had Red Velvet, I had Peppermint Patty (which I couldn't figure why the icing is colored pink, it should have been green for peppermint!!) and Rox had Mocha Motion. 



On Monday was our malignancy rounds, and yay for me for I wasn't called by any consultant! I was also on duty that day. Now, on Tuesday, had a Mendeleevian dinner at Don Henrico's at MOA. Mendeleev was my original highschool classmates, until I became a Quasarian.  It was supposed to be a post-oathtaking dinner in honor of our newly licensed physicians (four of them!), unfortunately, the three (Alizar, Nashima and Jogo) had to fly back to Marawi after their oath taking. However, my BFF Lily was also there so the purpose of the dinner wasn't totally defeated. It was incredible to see people I haven't seen for ages! Abeking, Shaoque and my tukayo Aisha were present! And lo! The boys seem to be growing continuously especially in the abdominal area! LOL! It was a night full of high school reminiscence. How we've become adults! Kai, Aisha and Tatah were talking about their kids. People are no longer talking about their crushes or boyfriends, but of their husbands. The stories no longer centered on school stuff but on work. Work, work, work! It's wonderful to know that most of us have already fulfilled and living their dreams while others deviated at some certain angle but now keeping up in the track and are heading towards their dreams. 



LILY.  now, Dr. Mamari.

On Wednesday night, had to meet up with my co-bookworm and little sister Tim whom I haven't seen for ages too! I miss her and her sister Jing!  She came with her friends Nawi and Dono whom I had fun meeting as well. We dined at Banana Leaf at Greenbelt, loitered around, talked about stuff (books, movies, people we commonly know, her work, what I do, etc.) and ended up The Coffee Bean drinking tea. :D Tim is a registered nurse who have a deep passion for literature and writing, and now she's planning to go higher so she wouldn't get stuck to just being a nurse. She's Jeddah-raised and flying back there pretty soon, hence the necessity to meet up! Haha!


The Coffee Bean at Greenbelt.

I was on duty on Thursday and on Friday, yesterday that is, was supposed to be our block dinner at Crystal's place at Rockwell but I passed. I had been juggling internship and jolly social life this week!!

Had some me-time yesterday, my last postduty at LR/DR and at OB-GYN which is also my first red flag day so I decided to have manicure and pedicure and painted my nails. The Caucasian girl beside me noticed we were reading the same book (One Day). I'm about to finish, by the way. 'Course I chose my Gyne book over Dexter and Emma this week. 

In case you're wondering why the sudden nice quality of photos I have above, it's because I purchased a new point-and-shoot cam that came at a cheeeeapest price for a Canon! Now I'm sitting here broke. Will have mess hall foods then for the coming weeks. :P



No comments: