August 11, 2015

Maternity Shoot

Last Sunday, my husband Jabar gave in to one of my wishes---an outdoors maternity shoot. It was very amateur as we had his sister who's temporarily staying with us to get behind the camera while Jab and I did the directing and, of course, acting! It was also very awkward as it is our first time to do something like this (we previously didn't have a prenup or postnup photo shoots). Hahaha! I'm sharing with you the best shots that we were able to muster. 


I searched the internet for some posing ideas as well as the best location here in Bangkok which turned out to be at the King Rama IX Park the largest green space in the city. 

That ring I was wearing was from my Mom, her own wedding ring that she handed down to me. It used to be very loose on my finger but now, it fits snugly! 


One thing I realized, we should have done this at around 30-33ish weeks AOG when the baby bump is evident but not too huge and the body swelling has not yet materialized. I'm on my 38th week now so aside from the discomfort arising from the heavy bulging of my entire body, there's a threat that I might just contract anytime. Haha! 


I'm really glad that we were able to pull it off even though 1.) we're not still very familiar with our EOS-M Canon (yan na nga lang hirap na ako ano na lang 'pag yung mga highly professional cams? tamad lang talaga akong aralin ang specs nya. lol!) 2.) it was soooo hot! 3.) worst case that can happen in a photo shoot? Run out of battery and having no extra to use!! It happened! So we had very limited shots plus we were in a hurry as the red warning sign blinks. Kaloka! But it was a fun day and I'm grateful that Jabar was cool about it!