November 10, 2015

Big Three Oh!

Spare me from those who dread getting old because I am one of those who celebrate the inevitable increase in age. My heart is swelling with gratitude as I reach my big 3-0 as I often associate age with accomplishments. I live my life based on a timeline I set. There may be adjustments based on Divine Intervention which are mostly beautiful surprises thrown along the way but, alhamdulillah, I have targeted most of the goals I set for myself. The most important thing I have accomplished before I turn 30 is having a child. It is the most beautiful thing that ever happened to me in my 30 years of existence! I couldn't be more grateful! 

Photo taken last February at a temple in Chinatown in time for the Chinese New Year. Behind me is a portrait of the longest reigning  and the richest monarch in the world, King Bumhibol Adulyadej (Rama IX). I was 3 months pregnant in this photo. 


I have transitioned a lot this year. Aside from being a full time wife, I am now a full time mom (until we return to the Philippines and I go into residency). I have learned to value substantial relationships with the people who really mattered to me such as my parents, siblings and friends who have stood beside me through thick and thin, I have learned to let go of those who doesn't value me back as a person. We live in a temporary world, whatever we have now will vanish into thin air someday, so I have also learned to live in the present and cherish each second I spend with my love ones.  

At this age, all I want is continuous good health for my parents, siblings and nephew, husband, daughter and for myself. I pray for an increase in my imaan (faith) and knowledge; and to be able to fulfill what is expected of me as a Muslim, a mother, a wife, a daughter, a sister and as a friend. I pray to be able to hone my craft as a physician and touch more lives. I pray to have a more grateful, forgiving, patient and joyous heart. 

I plan but Allah is the Best Planner. 

2 comments:

BabyPink said...

Bismillahi masha-Allah! Congrats on the good life! May you continue to be blessed, my precious! Allahumma ameen! :-)

I can't wait for you to get back! I can't wait to meet my inaanak! :-)

Aziza said...

Allahuma ameen! Thank so much, my precious!!! Yes indeed, we can't wait to see you too!! In shaa Allah, super lapit na! :D