June 9, 2017


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2r27gO0

Several nights ago, had an iftar with these two ladies whose presence in my life means so much. Was able to finally let out my feelings about the Marawi siege. @leiremd, who is a Psychia resident thought I may be having an acute stress disorder. If I'm going through this who's thousand miles away from Marawi, ano na lang ang mga nandon mismo at yung iba na-trap pa in the middle of yhe firefight and bombings? Subhanallah. I hope and pray the Marawi siege ends soon because this is too much already. Kawawa na ang mga nasa evac centers. I cannot imagine the emotions when the Meranaos return to Marawi, when most houses were either deliberately burnt by the militants or bombed by the military. Yung mga nakasurvive naman na bahay, ninakawan ng mga oportunista. Subhanallah. The civilians have suffered so much. Realistically speaking, physical rehabilitation of Marawi will take decades. I pray that along with this rehabilitation, may we also put our characters under rehab and may we stand united for a better Marawi. Ameen.

No comments: