March 28, 2010

Eviction

I consider myself lucky for having most things smooth sailing for me. For example is finding the perfect boarding house before I enroll for med school. A month before graduating from undergrad, I have already reserved the place and talked to my professor who owns the house. Luckily, my cousin Bains who was a medical clerk then (now a doctor) lives in the same house so I never had difficulty negotiating with the management and adjusting with my housemates. Unlike most of my non-Iliganon classmates who had a lot of complaints with their respective dorms, I never had one. This is an advantage of being a planner. Hehe. I never experienced hunting for that perfect house because this boarding house is just perfect for me. This was the exact picture in my mind of where I wanted to live when I am in med school---uncrowded, conducive for studying, spacious, a sense of privacy and no disputes with the landlord because in fairness to them, thay always assure us of our security and comfort. Most of my classmates are envious of my place especially when I mention how cheap our monthly rental considering the appliances I personally brought here and the WiFi. This place, for me, is heaven in hell. :)

Mid-last year, my landlord's daughter and her family moved in the duplex next door (where our landlord lives). They planned to talk to us about getting our place as they are settling here in Iligan for good. I didn't know about it until our landlady talked to me this afternoon. Her daughter and her husband (who are, by the way, doctors: husband is oncosurgeon and the wife is a pathologist) want some privacy with their two kids, but Ma'am wanted us to finish the entire school year before asking us to move out. She politely explained to me everything this afternoon and I totally understand her. Besides, this house was built not for commercial purpose but for their daughter when she was in med school. While she was away for her residency training, they decided to rent the place to help medical students like me who are looking for a comfortable and cheaper place. Now she's back to claim her place.

I was teary-eyed and in awe when my landlady was apologizing for her sad news. I really love this place and I had set my mind that the only time I will move out is when I finish my degree. I have difficulty resetting my mind, changing my plans and unlove what I have grown to love. Aside from that, clerkship's few days away and I have A LOT of accumulated things here. I hate moving from one place to another but the situation calls for it. Good thing, Ma'am has given me until mid-April to look for another place to stay for my last remaining year in med school. Besides, I won't be staying in the boarding house most of the time 'coz when clerkship starts we will be unofficially become boarders of the hospital.

House hunting will start tomorrow, I know I will not find a place as perfect as this but I hope I can find a place where there is comfort and peace of mind. :)

4 comments:

divina marion gratuito said...

good luck sa house hunting 'te Ai... =)

rocaya lucman said...

Good luck Ai! Your landlady seems nice. It's a blessing you got to live with them for three years. :)

P.S. Pinsan mo pala si Ate Bains!? :)

Ai R said...

Thanks Divs. :) Okay sana sa inyo kaso mahal. Hehe

Ai R said...

Super nice talaga Rox, it's like living at our own home dito. Wala sila masyadong demands sa'min (tsaka, walang curfew, haha!).

Yup, relatives kami ni Bains. :)