March 29, 2010

Sino'ng manok mo?

For the past months, I haven't yet settled my mind on who to vote this May 10 election. Since I am a first-time voter, I want my idealism to surface. A classmate asked me once why I didn't register in my hometown where apparently election-money flows freely. "Yayaman ka dun.." he told me. That's exactly the reason why I decided to register here in the current city where I'm located, I want to vote for those people I choose to be in the position because I strongly believe in their capacity to lead the country. Without any stain of hypocrisy, I honestly don't care about the money involved in politics. It's a temporary benefit knowing that the entire country will suffer if we don't put the right person on the right post. I have been carried away by the Cory magic that I thought Noynoy was the best choice. With Kris beside him, everything in the government will surely become transparent! After watching the V-Presidentiable debate on Harapan two weeks ago despite the unfolding of their dirty lenins in public and their personal attacks on each other, Mayor Jejomar Binay had a strong appeal on me. I'm having my personal research about the presidential candidates through the internet until I stumbled on this summarized attainments of the top presidential candidates.

oopsie..it looks like a magnifying lens is needed. for a clearer view, you may want it here.

One thing for sure, now I know which block I am going to shade on May 10, 2010. :)

9 comments:

Bebs xii NS said...

Same here Ate Ai, i have a copy of this table in my tumblr page :) and this influenced of why I think Gibo is the man. I did a little research just to strengthen my choice. Hehe. I mean, Noynoy is good but he;s not really ready. He just took advantage of the call of time. I had a watch of the VP Harapan yesterday on replay. It was actually more laughter pinning on each others mistakes. Tsk. I hope it's one fruitful election for everyone, InshaAllah.

aya ranoco said...

nice new page doc! :D
you have put it down well, hit on the spot.
*i'll go green. hehe*

Ai R said...

I'll go for Red. :D A friend was telling people na 'wag na daw iboto yung mahihina sa surveys kasi sayang lang daw votes, I told her na if most people decided to vote for those na kulelat sa ratings, they will definitely win. I'm not losing hope, I go for Gordon and Binay. :)

Diane Macarambon said...

The Transformers! Gordon and Bayani all the way ako! :)

ahmad domado said...

Gordon-Binay solid.. Yehey. marami na tayo. i've been trying to get a hold on something like this, thanks to this rundown. :D

Tim Abduljalil said...

You registered in Iligan? Oh Marawi? Well I have the same plans, I'll register in Jeddah as an absentee voter! So bo so president ago senators eh botowan roo.

Saw the table on Tumblr too. Myakapikir ako mambo, pero I heard lang na anti-Muslim daw si Gordon, so I'm still thinking.

Lurv your new layout!^^*

Diane Macarambon said...

Gordon is NOT anti-Muslim, Watatims. If may candidate na nire-recognize niya ang role ng mga Moro sa Philippine history, siya 'yun. 'Di ba, siya ang nag-propose na lagyan ng ninth ray of the sun ang sun sa Philippine flag to symbolize daw the Moros of Mindanao. At which point, pinagtawanan lang siya ng iba. Oo, medyo weird ang suggestion niya, pero the fact na nire-recognize niya ang role ng mga ninuno natin is really good. Paano siya magiging anti-Muslim kung ang isa sa mga pinaka-trusted staff niya ay isang Muslim? At marami akong kilalang Muslim na may sakit na natulungan nila. :)

I am not saying all this to convince you to vote for him, but I want the truth to be known. O mbotowan ka ago so di na sii reka miyatimo.

Ai R said...

So far wala naman akong narinig sa anti-Muslim siya or any implication based on his programs and speeches oba skanian anti-Muslim. What really made me choose him as my president is his integrity, length of service, humility, and pagiging health advocate niya. :)

Ai R said...

Iligan voter ako pero national election talaga biggest concern ko. :) Mukhang okay ang election abroad kasi hindi magulo tulad dito. Sa embassy nagvo-vote diba? :D