September 16, 2010

Pintados

Last night, my friends and I decided to go to Mugna for the last stretch of our Community Medicine rotation as we will be plunging into the hospital officially starting on Monday for Pediatrics. Mugna is a mini-carnival set up only during the Dinagyang Festival here in Iligan City which will be on the last week of September. All throughout my med school years here in this city, I've never involved myself for the fiesta. Most likely because I used to lock myself in my room and take advantage of the spare time to advance on my readings. Talk about not having a life. Now this time, before I leave the portals of this city I thought of experiencing things that I can reminisce when the batch reunion comes. There's so many things one can see at Mugna, there are ukay-ukay and DVD shops, the rides (er, not the EK or Disney-type rides you were imagining), some carnival games like shooting and toss-a-coin, illusion make-believes (which we figured right then and there was all mirror tricks!!), food stands (read: balut and mani), and lovers smooching around. Mugna is a place to satisfy our shallow alter-egos. Since I want something that will remind me of last night, I had my dorsal foot impulsively painted with henna tattoo!! 


This is the wild child in me talking!! Yeah, I do crazy stuff like having my upper ear lobe pierced only because my Taiwanese pop star crush has many piercings!! Which reminds me of him when we were making our scrapbook and found a photo of him in one of the pages of a magazine dated seven years ago. I can't help but cut it out and paste it near my photo. I hope my groupmates didn't notice!! Harhar!!

KEN ZHU!! I haven't had an update about him for ages!!

This is my most favorite page in our ComMed scrapbook. I love its sunshiny and balloon theme!! Of course, I made it. Heehee. :)


Goodbye Community Medicine. You've taught us unity, cooperation, patience, compassion and you've strengthened and deepened the friendship among the group. Our two-month immersion is an unforgettable one. Thank you, Purok 6 Tambacan for playing a significant role in our med school years. :)

Group Four Clerks at the Brgy. Tambacan Health Center

7 comments:

bee said...

hi doc,

my first visit and certainly won't be the last. Just read through your archive :) i had a fun time reading.

I heart your henna :)

keep those posts comin' )

Aziza said...

Thank you Ate B!! :D

dee said...

oooh, that henna tat is love! i'd go to mugna if only for that. sa'n banda dun doc?

Tim said...

Hi Ate Ai! Stress-reliever din namin ang Mugna dati! We even go there with our scrub suits on, right after duty!

Anyway, I miss you, and I miss reading you. Nasa blogspot ka na pala.

Tim said...

Oh, and here's my link.

Aziza said...

@dee: malapit lang sa ukayan 'te. :D it's really fun!! haha!! may mga nurses sa hospital na napansin nila. some frowned at it, some find it cool. whatever they say, i don't care. importante wala pang residente o consultant na nakakita so whenever we go on rounds, i always make a point to keep my right foot at hiding. hahahahah!! nagfi-fade na nga eh. :D

Aziza said...

@Tim: Oo nga, marami akong nursing students from MSU na nakita dun, including my sister! Haha! That horror on our faces nung magkasalubong kami, but we just laughed it off. :D

Naoh, I really miss you too girl!! And I'm so happy to find where I can read you. Nice one, lostinamoment!! :D