September 15, 2010

The Roads Less Traveled

I believe each and every person has a dream career. Others maybe fortunate to be living their dreams, some are still trudging the rough road towards it, while others may still be under the tree dreaming and waiting until the fruit falls effortlessly straight into his mouth. I belong to the second category hopeful that in a few hundred days, I'd be on the first category poking stethoscope and doling out meds. However, I have secret dream careers that made me that person described in the third category. I only dream about it because doing something to make it into a reality is ridiculous. Nevertheless, I don't lose hope and truth be told, the images of me doing these things won't stop flashing over and over in my mind. :)

1. A Travel Show Host 

Photo courtesy of Google. This is the heading of ABS-CBN's travel show.
How marvelous it is to be traveling with an all-expense paid trip!! It wouldn't feel like working plus you get to see spectacular sights, taste saliva-inducing foods, experience staying at some five-star hotels, enjoy the luxury of being treated as VIP and of course being enviably seen on TV all for free!! Haha! I know it's not gonna happen to me, UNLESS, I'll launch my own travel show. Which means, I'm gonna be the one to pay for everything!! Argh, not a good idea.

2. A Model

Photo courtesy of stylecovered.com
This probably must have resulted from too much reading teen magazines way back high school 'til undergrad and now fashion blogs. Now, getting thin seems like an impossible dream for me including growing a few inches taller too. Ouch. But I love looking at muslim fashion blogs like that photo above. It reflects that modeling and fashion is not all about showing too much skin. Perhaps, if I take my dieting seriously then I can create my own fashion blog too which might launch me a career!! Haha! Find that ridiculous? Yeah, me too. But hey!! That kinda ignites an idea in here.

How about you, if you're allowed to take a slight detour, what would that be?

2 comments:

Hevah said...

Ate Ai, :))
i was wondering why less ang updates ng multiply mo, and i kinda missed your writing. buti nalang naalala ko you have a blogspot. :))

anyway, if God permits that I take a detour, i'd love to travel to at least 10 countries, mostly Arab countries plus an exception is US. Haha. And finally one of my weird childhood dream, I want to be able to sing in public, as in really perform. hahaha. :)

Aziza said...

Hi Hevs!! :) Yeah, I kinda hibernated on my multiply account. I feel like I need a new environment. I planned na magkaiba yung theme na pinopost ko dito and dun. And of course, I won't be missing your entries. :)

Travel, travel, travel!! MashaAllah.. I also pray to go and perform Hajj together with my entire immediate family. As for your singing in public, that is so not impossible. You can volunteer on an intermission in your school programs. Diba? Hehe. :)