September 9, 2010

The Swan

One of my childhood fascination was ballet. I loved how ballet dancers gracefully move their body like a perfect swan. With every turn of their body, swaying of their arms, and the stretching of their legs all the way to their toes brings admiration to my feisty eyes. The ballerina's slim and slender figure which perfectly fits their outfit adds to my adoration. Like any fantasizing little girl, I wanted to be like them. However being a Muslim in a Meranao society, that is outrageous and I knew it will never come true. But I'd be very honest to say that I still dream about it. Probably I will never become one as my bones hardened already, with every turn and twist might cause me fracture but my future little girls can have all the chance to dance ballet as long as their hearts are into it. And I would be very happy to accompany them to their rehearsals and performances. :)
Photo courtesy of google.com.

No comments: