December 3, 2010

A Girl

Because I'm in a huge emotional turmoil, I dug poems I used to read. This one I'd like to share.



A Girl
Ezra Pound

The tree has entered my hands, 

The sap has ascended my arms, 

The tree has grown in my breast- 
Downward, 
The branches grow out of me, like arms. 



Tree you are, 

Moss you are, 
You are violets with wind above them. 
A child - so high - you are, 
And all this is folly to the world.


I'm into something I'm not willing to share to the world yet. Something I've been dreading to happen. Something I'd rather DIE than get into it. Yes, I mean it. Better shoot me right between my eyes than force me into it. And I say that with fuming rage! I'm a little girl. I AM A LITTLE GIRL. Unknown to the world. There's a huge and brighter future awaiting me. InshaAllah. And if I am rushed and forced into this, it means terminating the life that hasn't started for me yet. I only hope the person concerned gets to read this and comprehend what I mean. Please? Please? And I pray to Allah to give me what is best for me. He, the Best Planner and Provider, the Master of the Universe and the Hereafter. 







2 comments:

bee said...

I'm reading between the lines or perhaps my psychic powers are at work again... My vibes tells me its something that concerns the heart... Arrange marriage,perhaps? Whether I am right or wrong,I'm praying for you, doc. May all things turn out well for you. Salaam!

Aziza said...

Sounds like it is, Ate. But I'm still on the process of talking my parents out of it. I am so not ready for anything like that. Maghikog na lang ko ani. Kiddin'.. Thanks for the prayers! :) All's well that ends well.