April 13, 2011

"Lost in Love" Awardee

Our own despedida party was held this evening at school. It was just a very simple event but the program was exactly how we want it to be. There were fun kiddie games such as pinoy henyo and charades, many doctors came participated in the games, gave us unforgettable piece of their wisdom, and showcased their talents by singing!! It's really cool watching serious-looking doctors singing to us and joining the fun! Awards were also given to everyone in the class based on some unforgettable characteristics of each and everyone for the past four years mostly during the clerkship where most bloopers of our lives occurred. Example is "Journalist of the Year" given to the person who had lengthy extension duties that consultants pitied him and just told him to pass some journals to lessen his extension duty hours! We also have "Doctor Magnet" given to that person who directly answers all the questions by the doctors even her phone number! The "Eavesdropper" award given to that person who simply sits and pretends to read, little did we know, she absorbs everything that we talked about. So she is very knowledgeable of all the circulating chikas! Another was the "Best in Argument" given to that person who frequently argues with some hospital personnel!  "Through out the Years" award was given to that person who hasn't physically changed a bit since first year! "Read Between The Line" award was given to two people who left our boggled mind the answer: "what you see is what you get". Yiiiheee!! <3  There were more than 40 awards given and everything was hilarious my stomach and jaw ached from excessive laughing!

I got this "Lost In Love" Award. I googled this photo and it kinds spooked me at how those three words were depicted in such a miserable manner.  LOL.



The reason I got that award was that during clerkship, every single soul at House A (Group A clinical clerks) found love or stayed in love EXCEPT me. I am not being cynical about love contrary to a friend who consider it as overrated and all that blahs. It's as simple as I'm not in a hurry to find and to be found. I am looking forward to that day when I fall madly in love, that feeling of true love, that intensely consuming kind of love, that you-can't-live-without-each-other kind of love---I don't know how it feels (can anyone describe this abstract thing to me?) but I know I will feel it when it arrives. Needless to say, I trust the perfect person at the perfect time will come and it is just NOT now. NOT at this point of my life. 

I've said my piece. Bow.

No comments: