March 18, 2011

If Only Life Is A Rehearsal


We had our grad rites rehearsal this afternoon at school. We were meticulously given instructions on the basic how-tos during the rites proper, including guiding our parents on the  pinning of our hoods and putting on our caps at perfect angles. We were called "on stage" one by one at the same time acting as "parents" to some of our classmates. 

Here, Dr. Van is directing Bam-Bam, the first name on the roll call. Made me wish my family name starts with either C or D so I can have earlier and longer "air time" too. :P 



49 members of the Class 2011, in un-alphabetical order.



Febro seems to be way too excited, ayusin mo hood mo oi! Here, Breech and Sheila (the forever loveteam..LOL) acted as parents.






Grad rites is only less than 10 days away but it just won't sink in. Probably because I'm thinking too much about so many things the date always slips my mind. Honestly, if I can have the power of freezing time, I will definitely do it!! I don't feel ready leaving med school and going forward on to internship, but...but...*broken voice* that's life, we have to move on. Move on to the next level to avoid getting stuck to wherever we are right now. Isn't this what I have been dreaming of? So I gotta snap out of my drama queen mood. 

Speaking of internship, I got a copy of this letter this afternoon too.



Ito na!! Internship na!!! *faints*

Requirements. 1. Ahem. Check (?) R., A-Aziza A, MD na? 2. I'm hesitant to have my chest x-rayed, baka mamaya may infiltrates na'ko! Haha. 3. I had three doses of HBsAg vaccine and one booster. But I don't have a proof certifying I have completed the dosage, so let's see what I can do about it. 4. I had chicken pox (varicella zoster infection) back when I was 9 years old, so I don't need this. 5. If I'm not mistaken, my pediatrician gave me a certification of my childhood vaccines prior to entering med school and it included MMR. 


Sigh. If only life is a rehearsal so we can repeat our performances over and over again until we achieve perfection. But it isn't, we might as well give our best on our first attempt as take two only happens after a major life-changing failure. :) 

No comments: