March 24, 2011

Send-Off

I suck at goodbyes. I'd rather be the one left than being the one leaving. I hate leaving and all the drama it causes. Our juniors, the Class 2012, gave us a send-off party this afternoon 'til evening (even though it is against their will). Our batches had a cold clash since the beginning of our coexistence that although we had individual friends among them, our batches just don't get along pretty well. Our class' abstractness is often misconstrued as snooty and we cannot blame them because, oh well, we are...snooty. And up until their junior clerkship that things gradually cleared out between us. Tonight was a night full of honesty as their class president admitted how they actually didn't plan to give us a send-off party. We had anticipated that as our class also thought of having a despedida among ourselves only! But I guess, junior clerkship changed everything when apprenticeship began and slowly, friendship among the Sensens (senior clerks, us) and the Junjuns (junior clerks, them) blossomed. :) Hence, the send-off party pushed through. I didn't actually expect something big. I, personally, am not close to most of them (some would-be friendships were obliterated by the rumor-has-its), so I went there looking forward to food and music alone in the company of my classmates. I don't see myself participating in the fun games because I am such a coward running to and fro. But I was kinda surprised that our juniors actually prepared something big for us. The venue was great (Holcim RCP), the food was superb and the music was awesome! 

We have this semi-personalized towel as souvenirs. <3 Thank you guys, now I can crash out towel on my to-buy list for internship. 


The stage. We had a reggae-themed party!


Games. Games. Games. People gathering beside the pool. Too bad it rained hard so we had to cut the games short. :(


MYUUUUZIK!! Yeah, we danced to the tune of reggae music! I admit, I don't let go of the opportunity to shake my hips on the dance floor during school parties. It is the only avenue for me to do so. Gotta do the things I love while I still can. Right?

HAHAHA. Only few people were there. I just wanna show the lights and the smoke effect. 

Ah, the food, the food! I wasn't able to take a photo as you already know what got me busy. There were numerous viands and flowing desserts! I love, I love!

Thank you Class 2012, we may have our peculiarities and indifferences but tonight we have proved that with common goals, we can get along. We will be colleagues in the medical world so we might as well patch up things and leave the past behind. I wasn't able to have a speech but I can share this to you.  As Kuya Dave wrote on my blouse, Carpe Diem! :) Good luck to all of you as your embark to the world of clinical clerkship!

***********************************************************************************************************************

We agreed to bring our oldest uniform and have everyone in the class write a short message. Funny how some people can be seriously sincere at the same time hilariously crazy! This definitely is a must keep. 



Here are some of the messages people wrote on my blouse:

  • I will surely miss your company, I have always admired your determination and tenacity in things. Stay sweet and vibrant as always. I'm forever blessed knowing and having met you. (Alvi)
  • Si (my full name here including middle name!), buotan ni siya og responsable nga pagkababaye. Salamat Aisha kay mu-approve ra pod ka pag muingon ko nga gwapo ko in front sa mirror. Hehe. (Febro)
  • Make a BANG and make it BIG. We'll always love T.O.P. Congratulations! (Chang, my fellow Japanese/Korean Pop lover.)
  • Aisha! My fellow PEDIA lover! (Cor. There's a story behind this.)
  • I'll be missing you partner! (Engot aka Shengot/Shengita/Shenggay)
  • Malapit ka nang maging isang Dyosa. Good luck sa ating internship! Wag makakalimot ah? I'll miss you. You just don't know how much I love you and how proud I am to be your friend. Naks! *hugs* (Cos. Again, there's something behind the "Dyosa")
  • I will really miss you and your shallow humor. Have fun sa Manila! Thanks for being a friend. (Faith)
  • I'm very proud of you, very much! Do your very best, Shield! (Doc Ikoy, who happened to be at the party)
  • I'm proud knowing someone like you who is firm to stand for us Maranaos. Keep you goals high and Allah bless you. I love you! (Olin)
  • Girlfriend, I hope PGI does not mark our break up. I will miss you (for the 1st time). Hahaha. I love you. Mwah. (Jho. My constant date. Malapit na kaming magkatuluyan nito.)
  • Sangay, mamimiss ko ang mga kalokohan mo, aw, natin pala, at ang ka-evilan mo. HAHAHA! Ahlabyou sangay! (Ai-ai)
  • Ayu-ayu sa PGI. Sorry sa akong gilabay sauna na history. Friends japon ta forever 'no? (Raish. I can't seem to forgive her after she tossed on the trash bin THREE WELL-ACCOMPLISHED AND PERFECTLY WRITTEN HISTORY AND PHYSICAL EXAMINATIONS of my patients!! Haha. Yes, sobrang inaway ko siya because of that)
  • I will miss Group A because of you! You are such a good friend, kahit dami sa mga na-share ko ay mga problems. I will miss you and I know you will miss my eyelashes! Hahaha. (Ashley, who just had her hair dyed and her eyelashes permed!)
  • Ini, thank you so much for being a true friend. Salamat sa inspiration. Salamat sa kasaba especially at times of kahibangan. Love you! (Nasheba)
  • Idol kita kasi you're so cool and open minded. At syempre, partner ko sa dance floor, hehe! Thanks for being a good and true friend. Thanks din sa mga advices sa "you know" na! I'm so proud of you. Keep it up! (Papay


There are still so many but my energy is drained already. Still many of my classmates weren't able to vandalize my blouse and there is scarcity of space so I'm contemplating on bringing the partner skirt of this blouse tomorrow! Yes, we support vandalism! Haha. Seriously, it's heartwarming to know that there are people who love us and appreciate us truly. I will definitely miss my classmates as we drift apart. :( Good luck as we embark on another journey called internship, guys! 

2 comments:

Bada said...

huggsss ai... ^__^
God bless you!!!
Aja!

Aziza said...

Thank you Argie! :) *hugs back*