October 21, 2011

NSS


I sat down for a good 3 hours listening to the Neurosurgery Pre-/Post-operative conference. I almost felt my CSF leaking out of my ears by just listening to them. This department consists of brilliant people without exception, almost all of them were board exam topnotchers! My hats off for them for understanding the complexities of the brain and actually opening the skull and working on the organ! Personally, manipulating the brain vessels, gyri and sulci is the toughest thing in the medical field! Astig! On the photo above is Sir Ronnie, first year Neurosurgery resident who's an excellent writer as well. 


Interns do not assist in Neurosurgery because of the very minimal operative field. In this photo above are two BISDAKs (Bisayang Dako), Sir Villamor (a Cebuano and Chief Resident) and Sir James (Iliganon and first year resident), doing a craniotomy and clipping of aneurysm. 


Cerebral angiogram of the patient being operated on the other photo above. Somewhere along the branches of his brain blood vessel ruptured creating a blood clot on his brain which subsequently causes him dysfunction. The clot need not be evacuated (depending on the volume of clot) as the brain has a natural mechanism for reabsorption but the ruptured vessel must be clipped to halt the blood from leaking. 


FUN-TASTIC FOUR! (I'm number four!) 
L-R: Alaric, Dane and Rex. 
Our block was divided into two and (un-) fortunately, I got into this group. They're the people I was with for the past three weeks until our Anesth rotation next week. Being around boys is a lot more easier than being around girls (haha! peace, girlies!). 

P.S.
Alaric, being my fan (!), wishes to be featured here in my blog. Will write about you so long as you cook a perfect meal for me and hand me a copy of your best photographic shots! Yes, I will write about it. Promise. :) BWAHAHAHA!




2 comments:

aya said...

naa kay plan mag-brain doctor, doc? :P tough, right? pero ang mga bisdak, astig!

Aziza said...

Hopefully, Aya. Pag kinaya ng utak ko! Hahaha. Astig gyud ang mga bisdak ay, ug daghan kaayo bisdak diri sa PGH. Kanang ma-shock na lang ka pag nagstoryahanay na sila ba. Abi tingali nila dili ko kasabot! Hahaha. :)