November 10, 2011

Beware Of What You Wish For

Status: Day 11 at Internal Medicine ward and because I got lame cases such as penile cancer, acute pancreatitis and uremic encephalopathy secondary to obstructive uropathy by a possible ovarian newgrowth, I asked our junior admitting physician on duty (JAPOD) to give me a cardiac or renal case. The one that will drive me to study. God granted my wish and gave me this 25 year old male patient with the following admitting diagnoses: 

  • Acute intracerebral bleed, left parieto-occipital lobe with intraventricular extension, probably secondary to hypertensive bleed
  • t/c health-care acquired pneumonia with possible aspiration component 
  • Pulmonary tuberculosis III, Category I, intensive phase 
  • Chronic kidney disease stage V, on chronic hemodialysis, s/p permanent catheter insertion 
  • with secondary anemia, hypertensive urgency 
  • upper gastrointestinal bleeding, considerations 1. Stress induced mucosal injury                                                                         2. r/o bleeding peptic ulcer disease

SIYA NA!


No comments: