January 8, 2012

Ending 2011 Right. :)



I never anticipated that I would end 2011 on a road trip. It was merely a wish I do not know how to put into reality considering the meager time I have for myself. After my IM (Internal Medicine) rotation which demands interns to stay 90% of their time inside the hospital, I longed for a vacation where I could just forget the hospital and just relax.Oooohh...relax. The word. I initially swayed my best friend Lily to come here in Manila so we can set off into an adventure but she lacked time as well. FYI: she's also a doctor which justifies her reasons for not coming. So when my cousin Ate Hannah buzzed about an impending three-day family trip to Subic and Baguio, I never thought twice and asked about the details. Luckily, I was already rotating at Rehabilitation Medicine which is benign so I planned for my great escape!! Hohoho! 



It was my first time at Subic and Baguio, hence the pure excitement!! The weather was perfect for a road trip! The sky was azure blue as the sun smiles on its mighty throne!


We stayed at The Lighthouse Marina Resort, Subic Bay. The place was impeccable! Just perfect for hanging loose! 

Star sighting: actress Dawn Zulueta and her husband's entire family were also there. She kinda irked us for being snob, but hey, she could just be in one of her mood swings! So, um, forgiven?  


Hosni and I ready to zooom!!


Subic is quite synonymous to Zoobic Safari and Ocean Adventure but unfortunately, I wasn't able to experience those as we arrived late in the afternoon already. Instead, we joined the boys on their jet skiing spree! I looked so ridiculous because I'm not even on a jet skiing gear! SO WHAT? I had fun!! I bet my cousin Hosni couldn't stand me screaming my lungs out as he sways the jet ski to full speed I had to really hold on tight! That was superb!!!! I will definitely return to Subic one of these days and experience everything! :)


Breakfast buffet at Sands Restaurant, Lighthouse Marina's premiere resto. The food was excellent I was able to try and discriminate different types of cheese! My favorite? CHEDDAR still! Hahaha! 


We had to leave Subic early the following day in preparation for the long road trip to Baguio City! We had an heads up that it's chilling 12 degrees celsius in the Summer Capital of the Philippines!!! To my ultimate surprise, beads of sweat were rolling down my forehead as we explore the Philippine Military Academy and The Mines View Park! And I thought to myself, all those people wearing winter clothes here in Baguio as if it's raining snow were all fooling themselves! Hahaha! And oh, Session Road was filled with heavy volume of people almost equal to those in the metro! 



Photo collaging on the web with a slow laptop and slow internet results to such disaster! I'm sorry baby Fia! 1/4 of her plumpy cute face is obliterated by an unwanted road photo! Sorry babe! 


The traveling team! The Khalil-Ayo, Ayo-Tomawis Families and I! LOL! 


Sabreen was highly ecstatic as she runs and giggles! Kulang na lang mag-somersault and bata! Haha!

 Emoterang Asma beside the beach where we jet skied. 

My nieces made the trip extra memorable! Although they'd sometimes throw tantrums, their adorableness overrides their tantrums you'd just want to carry them in your arms so they's stop crying! Cuteness overload! 



There. I'd end my entry with this hilarious photo of the year! Haha! We paid ten bucks each to wear the traditional Igorot costume! Kalurkey!

I'd be forever grateful to my cousins who made my year end with a huge bang!!!! 

Hoping for more travel sprees this 2012! Cheers yo! And, HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

No comments: