April 5, 2016

Skinny No More

                          With my friend Mabi during an RC event.                              

The photo above popped from my #timehop app. It was from 2 years ago when I felt fantastic in a 50kg body, an ideal weight for my 5'0 (actually, 5.02 feet!) height. Growing up, I have always been on the curvy side. It's in my genes to have wide hips and large thighs, thanks to my Mom whom I love so much. Haha! I struggled to put my body frame on the normal scale, such influence of TV and print media. 

With my post-pregnancy weight still clinging on and my insatiable appetite, I know that getting back to my 50kg self is a thing of the past. I actually can, but I have embraced this figure and presently left with no desire to get that skinny again. I only aim now to have a healthy and fit body by eating healthy and doing a regular exercise. My husband and I enjoy running on the treadmill or jogging in the park together. Truth be told, I have never appreciated myself more than I do now. I love every curve on my waist because I know  that no matter what shape I am in, I am absolutely accepted and loved. Alhamdulillah. 


At The Sanctuary of Truth, Pattaya. A week before I learned I was preggers. I blogged about it HERE


No comments: