April 6, 2018

The Aftermath

This emotions in this post was triggered after my cousins and my in-laws sent us photos of what remained of their homes after the Marawi siege. I am sharing it here in my blog after I posted it on Facebook yesterday (where it must have been initially posted) as well as the comments it garnered. I made a few editing though. 

I honestly do not like discussing about what happened to MARAWI to avoid scratching the surface of a deeply-seated wound. But I need to let this out.

Today, my relatives were able to return to their homes only to scavenge on what was left of the properties that they built for decades with their own blood and sweat. Most of us even spent decades as OFWs sacrificing precious family milestones to be able to give a better future for their children. Now, everything turned to ashes.

My in-laws house. This was literally built by my grandfather-in-law with his own hands, my parents in-law spent decades working abroad to finish this one. Few days before the siege, renovation was underway. 
My Uncle's Orphanage. This orphanage used to be a home to at least 15 orphans FOR FREE. 


Pointing fingers as to which side of the opposing forces (government troops and the Maute group) did more damage to our properties will not bring back what we’ve lost but if there’s one thing I am sure of, the government forces FAILED to protect the civilians and their properties. They even perpetuated MORE damage to our houses by deliberately wrecking and looting even those located outside the periphery of the battle ground.

This government, instead of comforting its constituents, even insinuates threats that we cannot get our land back because they’re planning an economic zone right on the areas where our former homes were standing. WE DO NOT NEED A DUBAI-LIKE MARAWI like what this government proposes to us. We are not that gullible, Sirs, as you’d want to believe. WE WANT OUR LAND BACK. We do not like malls, condos and exclusive villages inside Marawi, we want our old homes where we live next door to our siblings, aunts and cousin. We want Banggolo and Padian back. Perhaps a little cleaner, yes. 

This government has boldly transgressed the very foundation of the Meranaos' carefully treaded MARATABAT. We will surely never let this one pass. We may be demoralized and weak now but I still believe that Meranaos, strongly resistant and resilient, shall rise again. In shaa Allah. I only pray that I am still alive by the time we receive vindication. To the people responsible for our agony, karma exists and it hits hard. We were neither conquered by the Spaniards nor the Japanese nor the Americans, hence we shall not be conquered by those who were conquered. OVER THE DEAD BODIES OF THE ENTIRE MERANAO RACE. 

5 comments:

Aziza said...

inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun

-Lincoj LD

Aziza said...

Sosobra so kasakit ian...

Lagidako mbthangun.. lagidoto e kasakit a magugudam akn...

-Arki Nisha

Aziza said...

What you said is true, but the turmoil and tribulation we had encountered is a big trial for those who believe in Allah (swt) and the rest of those who have not yet well guided on the straight path_ Islam.

-Sidic Guro

Aziza said...

Agree. But I will support road widening, systematic drainage system with Sewage Treatment Plant (to preserve the core identity of Meranaw - Ranaw), underground electrical distribution system, parking building underneath PADIAN. Meranaws should allow change, a lil may be

-Junn Mackno

Aziza said...

lahawla wala qowati illah billah

-Rocaya Vanessa Sarangani-Mangondato