June 6, 2011

FamMed Week 2

Ang sarap mag-duty sa Ambu kung ganito ang eksena. Walang tao. :)



Lalo na pag ang nasa katapat na Pedia Triage ay ang crush na benign din. Kung close lang kami, a wave would suffice to make my day. <3

At the FamMed-OPD, this sight greets us everyday. Kulang pa nga 'to eh. 50% lang 'to ng total OPD consults, our quota is at least 70 patients everyday. It doesn't seem toxic at all because there are at least 6 interns and around 5-7 residents catering to patients. So around at most 7 patients everyday for each. Plus, our cases are the super benign ones like dyspesia, UTIs, BPHs, acute gastritis, hypertension and etcetera.


 What I appreciated most about this rotation is we get to make our own assessment and plan for every patient we handle. The resident would check what's unnecessary or lacking in our management so we are being corrected. The most rewarding feeling is when the resident agrees with my management and is being carried out. I know I did the right thing. Love it! 
The one with the arrow below is the genogram I did for a patient, yan ang toxic! Mahaba-habang chikahan yan with the patient. 

We're about to end in few days time and we're off to the Community. I'm so not looking forward to it. But let's see. Baka mag-enjoy din ako. 

No comments: