April 10, 2015

Little One On Its Way!!


Never been posted photos on social media. L-R: the pregnancy test result (forgive my fezz!!!), at 12 weeks AOG, and at 19 weeks AOG 

Alhamdulillah. All praise belongs to Allah, The One and Only Creator, The Giver and Provider of Life. After more than a year in marriage, mostly spent away from each other, and after a year of fervently praying for a little one, Allah has finally blessed us to have a child. The husband and I had been through several heartbreaks after failed attempts for me to get pregnant. Every time he leaves for Nigeria, we always prayed and hoped that fertilization occurs, only for my monthly period to arrive on the day of his flight. It occurred to us twice, and it doubles the pain of our physical separation. But we remained patient, believing that Allah will grant us what we are praying for in His perfect time. Indeed, God never fails to fulfill His promise. 

God did not make it any more difficult for us after I arrived here in Bangkok to finally join my husband for good, He did not let us wait any longer. Imagine our joy when only after a month, I got a positive pregnancy test! I did the test after five days of missed period, half hopeful and half anticipating for another failure. But I guess, you just know in your heart what God is going to bless you with. I can't contain my happiness and gratitude for this blessing! I didn't tell my husband immediately, I waited for him to come home from the office. I did some drama in there though by not telling him directly but by sending him the pregnancy test photo through viber while I went to the kitchen to fetch him a cup of coffee (haha! silly!). He didn't get what it meant for a few seconds, and when he finally figured it out, he immediately pulled me closer to him embracing me and slathering me with kisses while he was getting tear-eyed and expressing gratitude to the Creator. That look on his face was priceless! MashaaAllah.. When this little one grows up, I will always remind him/her of how much we prayed to have him/her and I will describe to him/her the look on his/her father's face the very moment we knew that he/she is coming to our life. :) 

I am already on my 20th week age of gestation (AOG) as of writing time, halfway through the journey. We are so full of excitement for the arrival of our little one that he is already included in our daily life, my husband and I are acting and talking as if he/she is already out in the world. Heehee. I am feeling so much more of God's mercy now that I am pregnant, He doesn't want me to go through difficult pregnancy stresses so He made me a housewife for the mean time. Haha! I am so full of gratitude to my husband who takes care of me so much and is so full of precaution to the extent that he doesn't want me to go out alone by myself especially during my first trimester. My husband is so full of consideration and generosity that I feel so pampered, loved and well-taken cared of. Hihi. I feel so kilig right now by just thinking about it. MashaaAllah. 

We have no clue to as to the baby's gender right now, next prenatal check-up perhaps, but we are already considering several names whether it is a boy or a girl. One thing for certain, the husband and I decided that our children will call us Ama and Ina, just like how the ancient Meranao people call their parents. Haha! Therefore, my Mama and Papa will be called by my children just the same. 

I would like to share a du'a (prayer) I read in the Holy Qur'an, it is a prayer of the Prophet Zakariya when he was asking for an offspring:
"(Transliterated Arabic) Rabbi habli milladunka dhuriyyatan 'tayyibatan innaka samii'u du'aa.
(Translation) O my Lord! Grant unto me from Thee a progeny that is pure; for You are He that hears our prayers."
I never detached the above Qur'anic verse in my daily prayer the moment I decided that it's time for us to have children. The story of the Prophet Zakariya in his quest to have an offspring at an elderly age with a barren wife was an instrument for me to never lose hope in the mercy of Allah. I pray that my child will grow up rightly guided in the straight path, that he grow up to have a heart for righteousness, generosity and a heart filled with love for humanity. I also pray for my family and friends who also wish to be granted an offspring, that they may be granted soon. Again, never lose hope in the mercy of Allah. :) 

No comments: