November 8, 2010

Biente Cinco

How can one person forget about his OWN birthday?

So it just happened to me. I totally went oblivious of the day when I should stop counting my age. Thanks to good friends who cannot forget my day, their SMS reminded me the moment the clock hand strike 12 mn. My mind was far from anticipating my birthday  due to the obvious busy-ness of my so-called life that time seemed to slip by unnoticed. I didn't even plan a birthday dinner/lunch like I used to. No fireworks, no bouquets, no harana, no birthday cake, nothing. I was at the hospital on the midnight of November 6, waiting to catch an infant  from her mother. I was particularly at the NICU partying with these cute little angels. :)




I totally didn't expect anybody to remember my day. I myself forgot about it, much more other people. However, there are certain people who unexpectedly remembered my day and it doesn't matter if FB did some little contribution. Special mention goes to Dr. FNC, the first person to send me a birthday greeting through SMS. He was the one who made me aware of my birthday. I was sitting at the NICU when I received his text and in an instant, I felt Cinderella-like when I turned my head on the wall clock the moment it strike 12 midnight. Haha!! Tsk, no prince charming for me though. Next, is my buddy co-mean clerk (you wouldn't want to imagine how mean we can get when the four of us, TP, SB and JEL are together!!), who exerted maximal effort in preparing a tray of sweets for me that greeted my morning. So sweet of her. :)


I saved the SNICKERS for myself and shared the rest to those who haven't had their breakfast yet.
And then everybody chorused a happy birthday song for me at the quarters. Hence, I felt obliged to buy a gallon of ice cream. Hahahah!! Kidding!!

Double Dutch and Very Rocky Road and COLGATE flavored Ice Cream. Perfect for a minty day!!

Uy sandali, kantahan niyo muna ako!!! Birthday ko kaya!!
Self-timer. Ignore the abubots. 
Some Pedia residents shared the day with me. Thank you Doc M for the little gift. :)
Biente Cinco. Twenty Five. Mid-twenties.
What is expected of you when you reach this age?
I don't know.
We live in a society that one's age is associated with his accomplishments, and I am guilty of belonging to those people who measure their lives by the achievements they acquired at a certain age. I am in fact a year lagging because I estimated to graduate from medicine at 24, hence, I should be on my internship now but somewhere along the road I faltered. And at 25, there are so many things I am learning that I should have learned before. Things I should have done or experienced before but I didn't have the courage to do so. However, it doesn't matter to me at all. The important thing is I have goals I am determined to reach at a certain age. In God's time, InshaAllah.


And oh, look whose birthday is two days ahead of mine? My very boyfriend Choi Seung Hyun!!


Happy Birthday, too, LOVE! :) 


2 comments:

bee said...

Doc, they say age are just numbers but we couldn't deny the fact that they make us realize that time passed us by. At 25, you have experienced a lot - hardships and happiness, striving for more and achieved a lot. The past years have not been put to waste.

Cheers to more than 25 years ahead!

Aziza said...

Thank you Ate!!
Cheers!! :) Magka-age na tayo----25 forever! Haha!