February 23, 2011

Life's Like That (Vol. II)

In continuation of my extreme weekend getaway, five of my fabulous classmates and I visited the Dahilayan Adventure Park's Zipzone at Manolo Fortich, Bukidnon which is a home to Asia's longest zipline!! The place is located on top of Bukidnon mountain ranges, past Del Monte corporation's pineapple plantation. Go figure the long, long journey in order to reach the park! Thanks to Sir Rommel, our nurse friend who nodded at our request of renting his van and accompanying us to the place. It was a fine sunny Sunday!



Almost everyone I know visit this place not only to enjoy the pretty scenery but most importantly to experience the extreme adrenaline rush brought about by ziplining! For acrophobic people like me, this is indeed an achievement for us: being able to conquer our fear! Zipzone consists of three phases: 320 m, 150 m and the grandest 840 m! On the third phase, it was magical and symbolic for me. It was the longest and the tallest phase, there was even a thick fog suspended in the air! And for the first time in my life, I didn't hear my heart pounding inside my chest which normally occurs whenever I found myself up in the air and in the brink of death. The moment I let go of the bar and was pushed forward by gravitational force entering the thick fog, I didn't scream but instead opened my eyes wide and stretched my arms like that of a bird. I praised my Creator, that's all that was in my head. I kept on chanting: Subhanallah, Alhamdulillah. Upon dramatically emerging from the clouds, I realized I was hundred feet away from the ground and below me was a lush forest. This time I screamed: Thank you Allah for letting me experience all these!! I believe it was another prayer answered as I have always been praying to Him to allow me "go and see the world". Yes, I did see a portion of it, up while I was suspended in the air like a bird! :)



That pinky that sticks out belongs to nobody but Juey! 


What's great about here at Dahilayan is that they've got many adventuresome rides to offer: ATV, Zorbit, Buggy Ride and Jumping I-forgot-what-it's-called. We tried the Zorbit. Two people enter a huge ball and get safely tucked on the wall and then the ball will be rolled on a considerable meters downhill until it stops on a flat surface. The feeling as you go rolling down can be likened to that scary feeling on a rollercoaster ride except that it lasts for less than a minute and it is...TICKLISH!!!! I swear, Buddy Juey and I were laughing our guts out the whole time and we couldn't stop laughing even after we got out of the ball!! Remembering it, I am so laughing in here now! I must say, the feeling was hilarious! 


I believe that traveling is more fun when you're with a bunch of cool and spontaneous people! People you can trust your life with and people who are worth sharing the memory with. I may get back here someday but I am so sure I will be with different set of people, but I will never ever forget this first trip I had at Dahilayan which made me realize that one can conquer his fear so long as determination and trust to the one above are present. I will always remember that feeling while I was up in the air, above the trees, overlooking the mountains, the cold winds kissing my cheeks....I will always remember that whenever fear crawls into me as I go into internship. Thanks to the fabulous girls I was with: Jue, Sheng, Olin, Abby and Cos. You will always be in my heart, girls. 


(L lower corner photo, L-R) Cos, Olin, Moi, Shengot, Abby and Jue. 

I hope we can go travel again, this time with the whole Class 2011! Wohooo!!

Before I end this entry, here is a video clip of our Zorb exp, courtesy of Cos. Caveat: sorry for the possible stiff neck! Hehe.


2 comments:

bee said...

i really have to go back there and try the zorb! heheh... hmmm...
enjoy talaga tingnan mga pics na katulad ng gi post mo, ung sobrang saya!!!

Aziza said...

If given a chance, too, I will definitely zipline again! :) Fun is an understatement! Haha. :)