March 6, 2011

Blabber Here, Blabber There, Blabber Everywhere

Funny how some people speculate on the reasons why I quit Facebook. I receive arrays of commonly bizarre questions such as:

  • May kaaway ka?
                    People in my circle know I don't normally fight others unless the situation calls for it. Most especially, I don't do it on social networks. I think that's too cowardly. If you want to call the attention of a person, talk to him/her personally and say whatever you wanna say. Educated people don't wash their dirty linens in public. 

  • May umaaway sa'yo?
                     Because of my answer in the above statement, I believe I'm not giving anyone a reason to fight me back. While Facebook and other social networks are avenue for expressing our thoughts and sentiments, there are stuff that are better left unsaid.

  • May stalker ka?
                      A classmate asked me this which totally cracked me up because the last time I checked, I was the stalker! Lol. Since my account was set to private, I nit pick who to approve as friend. The fact that I post photos and give a piece of my mind mean that I publicly share infos to other people whose opinions are absolutely unknown to me unless specified. Now, if there exists a persona non grata who stalks me at FB then I must have probably permitted it. So, none. I guess.

  • May iniiwasan ka?
                          If there is one, I'd rather delete that person in my friends list than sacrifice my entire account, right? I have all the right to do so. 

  • Is there something at FB that hurt you?
                         I was taken aback when this question was thrown at me, it took me around 5 seconds to gather my thoughts. Admittedly, the first time I deactivated my account last year was due to a petty heart break Looking back, that was real ridiculous. This time around, the reason is purely non-heart related. 

I wrote here the exact reason as to why I indefinitely left FB, and some people just can't grasp the idea simply because they're not me. That is not my problem anymore. It's almost a month since I deactivated my dear account and I'm surprised with myself because I don't have any urge of checking it. I'm not even thinking about it. I cannot say when I will be back in that kingdom, another month perhaps or weeks or in a few days time. Or probably as soon as I publish this entry. Harhar! In the meantime, I am so enjoying Twitter. I find it  very educational as I carefully choose who to follow, mostly are top journalists of the country. In other words, I receive relevant informations. In the same way, I carefully chose who follows me because the stuff I tweet are random whispers from my subconscious mind. This goes to show that social media is helpful if we use it in the right way. So long as we have proper self-discipline and time management, social networks are concomitant in aiding people globally to keep in touch and made a mutual understanding.  

No comments: