March 7, 2011

Pink Toes On A Red Day

It's that time of the month when normal hormonal changes occur---the red week. As much as it reminds me of my womanhood, I dislike it for the menstrual cramps and all the discomforts that come along. I don't know whether to sit or lie down, to walk or stay still, plus the crampy hypogastric pain wouldn't just relent. Ugh. However, I am that optimistic I grab this opportunity to paint my nails! Harhar. You know, women are prohibited to perform sala'at (prayers) during this period. While nail polish are not entirely prohibited, we see to it that water must touch/clean all parts of the extremities including the miniscule corners of the nails in the performance of ablution, hence we avoid painting our nails when doing sala'at. I guess that briefly explains it. 

I visited the parlor yesterday to mani-ped and I decided to put colors on my ever dull nails. I was pondering of midnight blue but it wasn't available, so I chose baby pink instead. I can see smiling faces on my toe nails!! Harhar. I painted a clear polish on my finger nails because hand colors actually distract me.




Yes, I was that fascinated I used my toes for typing!

1 comment:

Dee said...

pretty in pink! funny i'm reading your entry while i'm putting on pink polish on my nails too. haha. it's a darker pink though. ;-)