February 11, 2011

Let's Take A Pause


I can't remember where I read that taking a momentary pause is helpful to give the racing mind a time to breathe and gear up for the next lap of life. So there, after gathering all the pros and cons, I have finally mustered the courage to take a pause by deactivating my FB account. This is not the first time, I did this last year, too, and it lasted for a month. This time, I do not know when I will be back again. Probably, when I miss my enormous FB crush. Eeeeepp. <3

A few moments ago, I received this in my e-mail.
On a serious note, the triggering factor is a friend request by someone really close to me. Ironically, she's very close to me that I want to shut her from that tiny nook of my life called Facebook. I just don't want her to see that side of me, that naughty, non-sense girl that I am. I am pretty sure most of us keep the chronicles of our lives by posting status and photos, and that I don't want her to keep track of. I don't want to hurt her by rejecting the request, so I think the most appropriate thing to do is to totally shut the account. I have the perfect excuse when she asks me about it. That way, I can spare people from wasting their time reading my status or browsing my photos and the other way around. I am not pretending to be celebrity-like, it's just that..... ok, so I'm just trying to sound like a celebrity here. LMAO. Let's see how much of my time I can save by doing this.

*****

Patients poured in at the Satellite Health Center at Brgy. Tambacan today. On my first 30 minutes of enduring the heat at the little hut, few oldies came in for BP monitoring. Later on, mothers came to consult for their children. I doled out some medications: paracetamol, cotrimoxazole and guaifenesin for those who, judging from their attire, cannot buy the said medications no matter how many prescriptionsI write for them. Free meds are like magnet, almost everyone in the neighborhood came for consult and just like in a medical mission, most are faking illnesses just to get free meds. Of course I know how a sick person looks like, no matter how a person conceals, we would know that something is really wrong. So I gave out meds only to those who need 'em. :) 

Meanwhile, our Psychiatrist perceptor wasn't around this afty. Good thing, I have Haruki to accompany me. I was supposed to have a date with Mr. Guyton but I ditched him for Mr. Murakami. :)



*****

This, I guess, is one of the reasons why I deactivated my FB account. Blogging is more fun!!

No comments: