March 14, 2011

Bottled Up

I obviously have a love-hate relationship with Facebook. It's pretty tiresome re-typing my password and typing unfamiliar crooked letter in a box when I can simply just click "log out", but no, I prefer to go through all that process. I find it tricky when they show thumbnail photos of my friends with the words "______ will miss you." Will that make me think twice? Yeah, right. *eyeballs rolling*  There's also that box that asks why you want to deactivate your account and I always click on the "I don't feel safe on Facebook" button. Certainly, I don't. This is me being paranoid but you never know when people scan through your photos, trying to know what you do, who you are with and all that scrutiny. I can see them crowding in front of a laptop either talking about me or the people I am with. You have no idea what they were talking about. Knowing people, speculations can lead to fallacies they continue to believe as facts. I know right? Thinkers are doers, eh?

I have issues. Right. I have all these bottled up feelings whirling madly inside me. Things I cannot simply spill out. Let's leave it as a little secret between me and my Creator. I don't understand why when some unwanted feelings resurface when success is at arm's length. 


*****

On the lighter note, Doc Ikoy treated all his "angels" (clerks under him) this evening at Maze Park. On our way home, we passed by a Roti Station somewhere along Tubod Highway named Al-Kawthar. The conversation on the  fully-packed Highlander goes like this: (Apologies to those who don't understand Bisaya and Meranao. I prefer not to translate as I might change the meaning of the statements.)

Doc Ikoy: Naa lagi Al-Kawthar diri o. Lami kaayo ilang roti dira, nagdala katong isa ka adlaw si Miah, lami kaayo.
Olin: Lagi doc, naa mana sa MSU. Naa pud na sila'y shawarma na lami kaayo.
Doc Ikoy: Iranian or Syrian man tingali an tig-iya ana na nakaminyo ug Maranao.
Me: Dili doc, Jordanian unya ang iyang asawa kay Ilongga.
Olin: As in, lami jud kaayo. Mao na ang akong ginaulian sa MSU.
Me: Ang Jordanian?!
All: Aaaah, mao diay!! Ang Jordanian diay ang lami!! Hahahaha!
Olin: Matay ka bo Ai!! 

Everybody burst into laughters as for the past four years, we've been teasing the conservative Olin as a pervert. She's gained fame for that, you know---as the class pervert!! Good thing never was she offended. I will definitely miss our class inside jokes. :))


2 comments:

Dee said...

LOL. I pass by that Al-Kawthar every night on my way home from school. Do they have roti there? I've been hearing so much about roti, I want to try it!

Aziza said...

I heard they have roti there 'te. Roti is actually an Arabian bread with stuffings, usually chicken curry. I tried a Malaysian roti somewhere in Manila some years ago and so far, that was the best I had! You gotta try it, really tastes good! :)