March 22, 2012

3rd International Pyromusical Show

I've been dying to go to the 3rd International Pyromusical Show at the Mall of Asia since it started last February. It ran every Saturday and two countries showcased their world-class fireworks display accompanied by upbeat music. If you remember THIS post then you will understand my consummating desperation. Hehe. However, my duty schedule was so unfavorable for the weekly shows but I asked our block head during our ORL (otorhinolaryngology) rotation to spare me on March 17 which was the finale. I was so delighted for the show I invited people to go with me to witness the event. People = proximal friends. I guess I was jinxed, or perhaps God tested my hankering to see the hour-long fireworks, that, no joke, ALL OF MY FRIENDS WERE ON DUTY ON MARCH 17!!!! I mean, ALL of them!! Was it mere coincidence?! I was so appalled that even my housemates had an important event to attend to!! But thanks to my stick-to-it-iveness, I pushed my way for it even watching it ALONE was my last option. Haha!! Imagine yourself watching beautiful fireworks amidst sea of lovers and group of friends in full awe while you were standing there all alone with tears rolling down your cheeks, not tears for the beautiful sight, but tears of self-pity. Hahahaha!!! Alhamdulillah, I have the best cousin in the world! Ate Hannah texted a day before that she'd be going home from Laguna and was inviting me for a movie date. I thought of the Pyromusical show instead of a movie. What a brilliant idea I had! 


Our VIP tickets. Naks. Italy was the last country to expo what they got under their sleeve. Philippines, being the host country and champion in an international fireworks competition (Yes, I just learned about it that night. Magaling din pala tayo sa fireworks!! #morefuninthephilippines), was tasked for the finale which was fantastic despite the technical glitches!!


While waiting for the show to start, we were treated to a magnificent sunset at the Manila Bay. Mashaa Allah. :)


People were starting to gather up. The huge ferris wheel at MOA was at near sight.

Photo collaged by photovisi.com
And then after some introductory programs, our eyes indulged to the glittery explosions in the sky!!! I loved how the flickers hover us I can feel them on my skin! Haha! They're not the best fireworks but they sure filled my cravings to see magnanimous lights! Mashaa Allah. :) People were ahhh-ing and oohh-ing while dancing to the tunes, and then people behind and beside us were kissing as love songs started to play. Whitney Houston songs were also being played as slow fireworks blasted in the pitch-dark sky. Buti, hindi nagparamdam si W.H. Hehe. 

At about the same time I boasted the photos at Instagram and FB, my BFF Lily, who was at HK Disneyland  with her hubby, simultaneously posted this photo below. 

Photo stolen from BFF Lily's FB account. 
Walang sinabi ang pichur ko!!! Hahahahaha!! Knowing she took that using her iPhone while I used my point-and-shoot Canon, I melted in stark envy!!  I'm sure my best friend had a GREAT time with her hub-babe-by. :)
Oh well. Therefore, I shall save up for that. :) Save up for a hub-babe-by. JOKE!!!

No comments: