April 7, 2012

Walking The Walk

The long Holy Week holidays compelled everyone to go on a vacation, but for me, it's more of a staycation. Hehe. I was on a postduty status yesterday and aside from sleeping more than half of the day, I spent it surfing the web and started reading Malika Oufkir's account on her life in the hands of the Moroccan Royalty (Stolen Lives). It's disgruntling that the only time we are supposed to be available is the time that almost ALL of the establishments in the metro are closed in observance of the holy week. Oh well. 
On the brighter side, this is, I guess, the only time that the metro calms down. No disgusting traffic and no nauseating crowd. Oh, how priceless serenity is. :) 
So, earlier this morning. I dragged my housemate Ate Sai to Roxas Boulevard for a morning walk. It felt like a ghost town indeed, although there are still few motorists on the road. Less carbon monoxide for our lungs. 


If not for the garbage thrown all over and the people living on the streets, this would have been a beautiful street. :'( 





Yachts at Harbour Square. 

Wearing my medschool jacket. Proud MSUan! :) 
We walked and walked from Pedro Gil to the stretch of Roxas Boulevard until we realized we were already at the CCP! Hahaha!! So many health buffs jogging or bicycling and enjoying the perfect morning sun. I miss jogging around the Iligan City Hall Complex where my housemates and I would come at least thrice a week in our desperate attempts to becoming healthy (and slim). The last time I jogged was before clerkship!!! Ages ago!! Wah!! This hospital duties really rips off our healthy lifestyle. Tee hee. Blamingtheweatherman. 



I wouldn't leave CCP without this ballerina statue photo. Remember this?  Haha. Future daughters, you got one crazy mom waiting for you here. Better start stretching your muscles now. :p 


Thank you soooo much Ate Sai for riding on with one of my few insane fits! :)

****
P.S.
Can't wait to go back home and jog around the MSU Grandstand Oval. :)

2 comments:

snowqueen said...

whoaa that was fast Ai! photos blogged in minutes. till your next not so insane fit. :DDD

Aziza said...

Haha! It just felt right to share the experience! Hehe. Love it! Thank you Ate Sai. Sana samahan mo'ko sa Mind Museum. Lol!!!!!!!!