September 17, 2013

Get that sickly bone working, my love! C'mon!


Knowing that your better-half is down with a potentially fatal disease and you cannot do anything to alleviate his discomfort is such a downer. Really. This long-distance relationship is taking its toll on both of us. If I could only turn back the hands of time, I shouldn't have applied for the First Gentleman Foundation to get that scholarship so I won't get into the Doctors to the Barrios Program so I can take care of my love. Oh Regrets, get off my thoughts.

Ever since I got married and having acquainted to the obligations of a wife under the Islamic law, my life plans were shaken. Instead of pursuing residency right after the DTTB Program, I have decided to join my husband in his Post so we can start a family and stay there until he gets recalled back in 2016 . Diplomats live a rather flexible life and being married to one means I need to adjust my selfish life priorities and go with the pliability. A two-year long distance relationship is too much to take. We're married for six months now but two-thirds of the whole time was spent on BBM (blackberry messenger) and Wechat. Well, thanks to the power of technology for keeping us in touch every single day despite the distance and the difference in time. However, physical presence is still A MUST for every married couple. No amount of BBM-ing or Wechat-ing can be compared to physical presence. If we are physically together, we can just sit and sip our coffee in silence, do our things individually but still feeling a sense of tranquility. We need to be together to fulfill our obligations to one another. That's the very essence of our marriage---to be together through thick and thin, in sickness and in health. And sadly, I breached it. Being far away from him especially now that he's sick gradually kills me. I take commitments seriously so when I committed myself to the DTTB Program, I stick to it even though I thought of leaving it a hundred times to fly to Nigeria. It appears to him as if I chose my work over him, but the truth is, I cannot leave a commitment just like that. The same feeling of loyalty and faithfulness I have for him. I tell him over and over again that immediately after the DTTB Program, I am all his. 100% his. InshaaAllah. 

God knows how much I terribly miss Jabar. This post can get mushy but he's the answer to my prayers.  He's the perfect person to tone down the hidden harshness of my character and at the same time he brings out the best in me. We share the same values but with contrasting educational background (he's a CPA and I'm a physician), our minds are wired differently. I love that I learn a lot from him, especially on the business side which I totally lack knowledge of, in the same way that he learns a lot from me. I miss how he delivers his tambay jokes which cracks me up almost instantly. I don't know if its just the hormones during the first phase of marriage but Jab never bored me out. I can talk to him all day and night without a dull moment. Or am I just like that to everybody? Haha! 

Breakfast at Grand Men Seng Hotel, Davao City. March 2013.


Oh c'mon Love, stretch your spine and shove those malaria parasites away!!!! Get here ASAP so I can boast my newly-learned cooking skills and we can do endless foodtrips!!!

2 comments:

BabyPink said...

As they say, "patience is a virtue." Have patience. Soon, you will be with him. Di khitanod so oras.

Do not dwell on what you're missing in your life at the moment, focus on the positive side. Just by reading your blog, there are so many things for you to be thankful for. Doon ka muna mag-focus while waiting for that time.

You'll both be fine. In shaa Allah! :-)

Aziza said...

Alhamdulillah, My Precious. Diverting my energy into other positive things (aka work..haha!) allows me to temporarily forget the passing of time. InshaAllah, everything's gonna be fine. thanks!!