January 7, 2011

A 2010 Summary

Better late than never! :)


2010 has been a wonderful year full of challenges, new experiences, new environment, new people, yet full of stress, doubts and contemplations for me. Let me a share a few photos that has been memorable. 


Pre-clerkship groupmates. 
We were junior medical students then at the beginning of pre-clerkship. Everyone was so eager to explore the hospitals and be called junior clerks or interns. Little we did know what real clerkship would be like. :) 


My best friend Lily who has just graduated from medical school. In few months time, she'd have her license (to kill, joke!) and be called Dr. Mamari. 

2010 has been a year of friendship as I try, at least once in a while, to re-connect with my friends who are away just to keep the ties even closer. This is a year of meeting new and old friends alike. 

Tampoy and Yas. My future lawyer friends.

 A blurry photo of Nimai and I. My future ambassador new-found friend. 

Dr. Abdul Aziz Ontok. One of the few people I looked up to at med school. Met him again during MSU Foundation Day as we pay tribute to their batch, the pool of new physicians. 

 My housemates and bestfriends for the past two years. We eat together, sleep together, laugh together and somehow cry together. We've seen each other's summit and deepest points. *sigh* I love these girls, Gans and Miss Ayin. 

 Of course, the older sister I never had, but I have. Thank you for the words of wisdom and for everything that you are. My precious, Ate Diane. 

The people I spent my 2010 New Year with, and I know it'd never be the same again! Hey, Adnan and Mabi! :) I love this photo. Haha. 
Bit's homecoming with some of our nurses friends. :)



If I'm going to quantify the time I spent with my family this year, it would amount to less than 5% only. Imagine? I've been only one-hour away from home but clerkship took the precious moments I should be spending with my dearest loved ones. Alhamdulillah, I was able to go home during the Eid'l Fitr and for the first time in so many years, we had a family photo together. Yet, we were incomplete because my brother Alexander was in Singapore for his OJT. He's home now though, a total changed man for the better. 

(at the back from left) Moi, Papa, Mama and Amanee (my soul/sole sister)
(front from left to right) Ahmad, Jalal and Zul. 

Alexander enjoying his six-month stay at Grand Hyatt Hotel, Singapore. Having the best time of his life. Cheers to the new you, brother! I'm so proud of you. I love you!

This has been a year of opportunities for me also. Having qualified as a scholar of the First Gentleman Foundation Inc. for the last year in medical school as well as for the internship, we were granted to have an exclusive visit at the Malacanan Palace together with one of our parents. Another highlight is having our essay published in a book by the said foundation. In return to this is serving to the Doctor To The Barrio Program of the Department of Health, which I am so much looking forward to. 

"Dream, Fighter and Believer."


Father and I at the Palace grounds. 

With the stuff we received from the foundation. Shukran Ya Allah! This happened few days before Father's Day and it was a perfect time also for me and my Dad to enjoy each other's company. I love my Dad so much I don't wanna be a grown up so I can be his little girl forever. :) 

In the midst of clerkship, 5 of us flew to Manila for our internship interview at one of the best hospitals in the Philippines. We were not only happy that we qualified but we were happier we were able to have a quick break and just stay away from toxicity. :D There, we met up with our seniors who are now interns at the said hospital. The photo above is with Miss Ayin, yes, my former housemate who's now an intern.

Now let's go to the highlight of this year. If 2010 can be described in just one word, for me it would be CLERKSHIP. No other. Starting April of this year, we go to the hospital every single day, spending at least 24 hours attending to patients, writing paperworks, making reports and studying cases. EVERY SINGLE DAY. Except during our Community Med rotation. Hence, there's no way you won't get close to your groupmates who are with you during your clerkship ups and downs moments. 

With the Group A, divided into A and B.

GROUP 4 A. My beloved friends. I won't say anything about them here because they deserve a whole new entry. :) 

This is also a Year of the Food as my gastronomic appetite won me over. Hence, my significant weight gain. Aaah, I love delish foods! 
With good company around, who doesn't?

Fontina's chicken pesto.

Fontina's Burritos

Dinner at Doc Vega's. 

Zoey's Strawberry Smoothie.

Mandarin's Tropical Fruit Salad.


Coffee Works. 

Kung clerkship ang pag-uusapan, I got tons of photos I'm having difficulty sorting them out because everything for me was memorable. Indeed, 2010 was a blast! I hope 2011 is explosion of new events, travels (and lotsa travels!!!), new people, and as I wish for everybody, may I also find what I've been searching for. Or, prolly the other way around. Sa maka-gets lang. Ay nah, Group A people, DO NOT REACT.

May we all have another blessed 2011!!






1 comment:

BabyPink said...

Aaaawww, salamat din! You've always been a precious little sister to me. You're great! Loveyah! :)

I'm glad you had a great 2010! May 2011 be better!